While you prepare for the holidays in 2013, think ahead to next year’s holiday season … Why not spend it at sea? There are some great reasons that a holiday cruise has become a popular holiday tradition for many vacationers.
The experts at Cruises-N-More provide 7 reasons to consider a holiday at sea:
1. Pure relaxation – Leave the hustle and bustle (and accompanying stress) of the
holidays behind. You can truly enjoy the holiday with the relaxed atmosphere of a cruise vacation.
2. No snow – Forget the cold temperatures on a warm weather cruise (imagine those warm Caribbean waters!). The closest you’ll come to freezing temperatures is the ship’s air conditioning.
3. Outstanding food – Cruise menus fit the season, with world-class chefs preparing traditional Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, plus special kosher foods during Hanukkah. The best part: the food is plentiful and someone else does the cooking!
4. Unique gifts – Make the cruise a gift to yourself or your loved ones for the holidays; a cruise vacation will be truly appreciated. You’ll also find unique shopping opportunities onboard the ship and in various ports.
5. A joyful atmosphere – A festive atmosphere abounds and after Thanksgiving some cruise lines spend in excess of $100,000 on holiday decorations. Christmas trees, Hanukkah customs, lights, garlands and even artificial snow bring the festive season alive.
6. Special guests – Many lines have special guests like Mr. and Mrs. Claus and the elves appear in the spirit of fun and relaxation leading up to Christmas Day. As expected, Santa’s bag of goodies is full for the kids on board.
7. New Year’s celebration – Elaborate parties take place at sea for people of all ages and tastes over New Year’s. Unique food, entertainment, toasts, party favors and more make ringing in the New Year Memorable, and sports fans will love all-day tailgate parties to watch New Year’s Day football.
Where do you want to go for the holidays? Here’s a great cruise with Holland America for the holiday season in 2014…. imagine the winter holidays like this…
“Sleeping under a palm tree, strolling on endless beaches and eating ice cream while floating in a turquoise sea. What could be further from your everyday world? When you sail the Caribbean you’ll discover how relaxing, entertaining and just plain fun a week really can be. Visit a variety of beautiful islands and escape to paradise on your next vacation.”