Viking Ocean Cruises recently announced that its fourth ship, Viking Sun, will spend her maiden season sailing the company’s first-ever World Cruise, spanning 141 days and visiting five continents, 35 countries and 66 ports, with 12 port overnights.
Departing on December 15, 2017, this epic journey from Miami to London will allow guests to explore Cuba and the Caribbean; sail the Panama Canal and the South Pacific; call upon ports in Asia, from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City; and see the Arabian, Red and Mediterranean Seas, before concluding in the North Atlantic. Like on all Viking itineraries, World Cruise guests will enjoy a complimentary shore excursion in each of the 66 ports and free unlimited Wi-Fi; they will also receive Business Class airfare and all gratuities and service fees, along with an extensive list of added-value inclusions in their cruise fare.
World Cruise Highlights
Viking’s first-ever World Cruise visits dozens of legendary cities, charming ports and idyllic islands in one seamless itinerary. Guests will immerse themselves in the world’s rich cultures during included excursions that provide unmatched insight into daily life, as well as Privileged Access visits to cultural institutions. Overnight stays in 12 cities allow World Cruise guests to delve deeper into the destination; and Viking’s Culture Curriculum® offers additional enrichment through onboard lectures and entertainment. Guests may choose the 141-day cruise from Miami to London, which includes 21 days of sailing from Miami to Los Angeles; or they may also choose to cruise from Los Angeles to London, a 120-day itinerary. Highlights include:
- Havana’s Authentic Old Town—Guests will spend two days in Havana, engaging in authentic experiences with the Cuban people – from hearing a local jazz ensemble to visiting an artist’s studio – and exploring the city’s neoclassical, baroque and colonial architecture.
- The Path Between the Seas—Forty-eight miles long, the Panama Canal links the Atlantic and Pacific at the narrowest stretch of the Isthmus of Panama, cutting thousands of miles off shipping routes. Crossing this manmade wonder, Viking Sea will be raised and lowered through enormous locks at each end.
- Papeete, Tahiti: Gaugin’s Paradise—One of the world’s most visually stunning and romantic destinations, Tahiti is the cultural hub of French Polynesia. Guests will enjoy an overnight stay in Papeete, letting them immerse themselves in its continental flavor.
- Auckland, City of Two Harbors—During an overnight stay in New Zealand’s “City of Sails,” guests will have ample time to take in Auckland’s stunning setting between two harbors.
- Shanghai, Astonishing Blend of Old and New—One of the world’s most important ports, Shanghai is a modern metropolis and center of finance. An overnight stay allows time for guests to explore its famous and historic Bund, the elegant riverfront promenade, or stroll the inviting grounds of the dynastic Yuyuan Garden.
- Sydney: Cultural Capital of “Oz”—Guests will have the opportunity to sail into Sydney’s magnificent harbor, the world’s largest, and an overnight stay gives the opportunity to admire the Sydney Opera House, the Royal Botanic Gardens and The Rocks district of shops and markets.
- Bangkok, Siam of Old—From Viking’s overnight port in Laem Chabang, guests will have ample time to discover Bangkok’s revered temples (or wats) and traditional floating markets, as well as to tour the elegant buildings of the renowned Grand Palace, long home to the kings of Siam.
- Singapore, Bustling Island Nation—Spread across 63 islands at the tip of the Malay Peninsula, Singapore is the world’s only island city-state. An overnight stay here allows guests to take in its sophisticated wonders, including the stunning National Orchid Garden.
- Medieval Malta—Long a crossroads for trade between Africa and Europe, the island of Malta has been shaped by generations of rich history and influence. Guests can take in the medieval ambience of Valletta and Mdina and enjoy the stunning coast that is dotted with iuzzu fishing boats, blue grottoes and sweeping bays.
- Greenwich: London at your Door—The celebrated historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, on the Thames River, is Viking’s docking location in London, providing guests with easy access to the regal capital’s iconic sights, including Parliament and Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
If you would like to know more about Viking River Cruises, Viking Ocean Cruises or to book a Viking cruise, please contact one of our Cruises-N-More cruise specialists at 800-733-2048 (toll-free USA/Canada), 0-808-189-1292 (toll-free U.K.), 800-076-002 (toll-free Australia) or +1-407-771-4454 direct-dial.