With the recently christened Viking Sea now part of its growing ocean fleet, Viking Ocean Cruises has announced the addition of 10 new itineraries to its offerings for 2017 and 2018 sailings. Adding more than 30 ports of call to Viking’s portfolio, the new itineraries will explore destinations throughout Europe, the Americas and the Caribbean, including Cuba.
New 2017-2018 Itineraries
Viking’s new ocean itineraries will bring guests to more iconic destinations around the world, providing rich cultural experiences with each port of call. With sailings from Bergen, London, New York, Puerto Rico, Venice and more, guests can choose itineraries ranging from eight-day to 22-day multi-country sailings. Among these new ocean itineraries:
- Trade Routes of the Middle Ages – (From Bergen to Barcelona; Sailing on Viking Star, September 2017; May 2018) – During this 15-day itinerary, guests will follow the trade routes of the Middle Ages. Setting sail from Bergen, Norway, guests will explore a total of seven different countries and 10 ports with storied naval histories including Amsterdam, Paris, and two ports each in England, Portugal and Spain.
- Venice, the Adriatic and Greece – (From Venice to Athens; Sailing on Viking Sun and Viking Spirit, October 2017; July – August 2018) – Guests will walk the cobbled streets of four countries and seven cities along the Adriatic Sea coast, as they cruise from Venice, Italy to Athens, Greece. The eight-day itinerary, starts with two days in Venice, where guests can stroll the alleyways and learn about the city’s glassmaking tradition before calling on Croatia, Montenegro and the many ancient sites of Greece to follow.
- South America and the Caribbean– (From San Juan to San Juan; Sailing on Viking Sea and Viking Sky, October – December 2017; January – March 2018) – Experience the Caribbean’s most southerly ports during this 11-day itinerary, taking in the rich cultures and bright colors of six countries and seven ports. As guests cruise the Caribbean, they’ll take in the lively ports of San Juan, Puerto Rico and historic Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic, while also visiting the turquoise blue waters of Aruba and Curacao. This itinerary will also call on ports in South America including Cartagena and Santa Maria, Columbia and Venezuela’s capital, Caracas.
- New York, Bermuda and the Western Indies – (From New York to San Juan; Sailing on Viking Sea and Viking Sky, October 2017; September 2018) – Guests will set sail from New York and continue down to the Caribbean during this 15-day cruise, which visits a total of nine countries and ports. Starting in “The City That Never Sleeps,” guests will soon be exploring the vibrant tropical destinations of Bermuda, Guadeloupe, St. Kitt’s, St. Martin, St. Thomas and more. Adding to the scenic views, guests can explore these port of call’s many UNESCO World Heritage Sites along the way.
- Iconic Cities of the Western Mediterranean – (From Barcelona to Rome; Sailing on Viking Sun and Viking Spirit, November – December 2017; January – February, April, July and September 2018) – The French Riviera and Italy’s renaissance treasures take center stage as guests embark on this eight-day Mediterranean itinerary. Guests will explore iconic ports including Barcelona, the resort town of St. Tropez, the glamour of Monte Carlo and cities throughout the rolling hills of Tuscany, before saying farewell in Rome.
- Central American Shores and Cuba – (From Miami to Miami; Sailing on Viking Sun, December 2017) – Guests will experience the diversity of the Western Caribbean during this eight-day itinerary through four countries and five ports. Spending two days in Havana, guests will stroll the colonial streets and engage in authentic Cuban experiences. Followed by ports of call in Cozumel, Mexico and Belize City, Belize for crystal-clear snorkeling opportunities or mysterious Mayan ruins. Finally, take in all the offerings of carefree Key West with its historical US landmarks before returning to Miami.
- From the Caribbean to the Amazon – (From San Juan to San Juan; Sailing on Viking Sea, December 2017) – A truly unique itinerary, guests on this 22-day cruise experience a rich variety of ports throughout the Caribbean and South America, including sailing into the mouth of the Amazon River in Brazil. From the jungle along the Amazon River, guests will call on ports where they will enjoy the blue waters and Caribbean island culture including Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and more.
- Southern Mediterranean Discovery – (From Rome to Barcelona; Sailing on Viking Star, December 2017; January – March 2018) – An eight-day cultural sojourn throughout the southern Mediterranean, guests will enjoy an enriching experience as they visit timeless Rome, sample local produce in Sicily or marvel at the medieval structures in Sardinia. Guests will also get a taste of modern-day Tunis and the Casbah of Algiers, before ending their cruise in the vibrant cities of Valencia and Barcelona, Spain.
- British Isles Explorer – (From Bergen to London; Sailing on Viking Sun, May and August 2018) – Exploring the British Isles from north to south, guests will be immersed in the rich cultures and cosmopolitan treasures during this 15-day cruise as they visit ports including: remote Viking outposts of Shetland and Orkney Islands, the legendary Scottish Highlands, uniquely beautiful Wales, and the vibrant cities of Dublin, London, Bergen and more.
- Italian Sojourn – (From Rome to Venice; Sailing on Viking Sun and Viking Spirit, April and July-August 2018) – Stopping at a total of seven ports between Italy and Croatia, guests will take an Italian journey to some of the most culturally significant cities. Starting in the Eternal City of Rome and continuing onto Naples, where guests will enjoy its world famous culinary delights, Sicily to take in views of Mt. Etna and the Mediterranean, and discover UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Bari, Italy and Sibenik, Croatia. This eight-day itinerary culminates in the picturesque Venice port.
If you would like to know more about Viking River Cruises, Viking Ocean Cruises or to book a Viking cruise, please contact one of our Cruises-N-More cruise specialists at 800-733-2048 (toll-free USA/Canada), 0-808-189-1292 (toll-free U.K.), 800-076-002 (toll-free Australia) or +1-407-771-4454 direct-dial.