This month we would love to share some Princess Cruises Recipes and touch of inspiration with you, Bon Appetit!
No one said you have to be Italian to enjoy good pasta, and foodies of any ancestry will surely enjoy this dish which is a favorite of Award-winning Canadian restaurateur and TV personality Chef Darren MacLean. He has recently collaborated with Princess Cruises to design this new cuisine, which will be featured on future Princess voyages.
- Pasta: 250 g tagliatelle pasta or spaghetti (feel free to substitute with any dry pasta you can find in your pantry)
- 4 liters of boiling water
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T salt
- In a large pot place 4 liters of water with salt and olive oil.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 3 minutes
- Add pasta and cook as per the package instructions generally 6-9 minutes
- When finished add directly to the carbonara sauce
Carbonara Sauce – Part 1:
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup of grated parmesan (must not be powdered)
- 50 g smokey American bacon sliced into lardon
- 3 grams of freshly cracked black pepper (or add more to taste)
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 clove of garlic lightly crushed
- ½ cup pasta water plus 3 tbsp.
- Fry bacon In large saucepan or deep rim frying pan over medium heat with no oil
- When the bacon begins to render ½ of its fat add the black pepper, garlic and thyme
- Sautee until bacon is golden brown and slightly crispy
- Add pasta water to stop the cooking
Carbonara Sauce – Part 2
- Add COOKED PASTA to pot
- Top with parmesan
- Top with eggs
- Stir vigorously while shaking the pan to emulsify the parmesan and eggs together
- Season with more black pepper to taste
- Add another 3 TBSP of pasta water and stir
- Place pasta In a large bowl or plate
- EAT IMMEDIATELY…bon appetit!