This month we would love to share some Princess Cruises Recipes and touch of inspiration with you, Bon Appetit!
When considering warm-weather entrees for spring and summer, don’t overlook a tasty offering from Princess Cruises’ master chef Curtis Stone. Namely, his Roast Chicken with Backyard Lemon and Herbs. Delicious and easily made from home, this dish will be appreciated by all fortunate enough to enjoy it.
Recipe for Roast Chicken with Backyard Lemon and Herbs Serves: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins, plus 15 mins resting time
- 2 tsp. ground coriander seeds
- 2 tsp. ground fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin seeds
- 2 whole chickens (about 1.6kg each; necks reserved), air dried
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled, quartered
- 2 lemons, halved
- 10 garlic cloves (with peels on)
- ½ bunch fresh oregano sprigs
- ½ bunch fresh sage sprigs
- ½ bunch fresh rosemary sprigs
- ½ bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F (400°F convection). In small jar, mix coriander seeds, fennel seeds, paprika, and cumin. Season chicken cavities with some spice mixture and salt. Stuff cavities with some onion, carrots, lemon halves, garlic cloves and herbs. Tie chicken legs together with kitchen twine.
- In center of heavy rimmed baking tray or roasting pan, place remaining onions, carrots, lemon, garlic, herbs, and reserved chicken necks. Generously season chickens all over with some spice mixture, salt and pepper. Drizzle about 4 tsp. oil all over chickens and place chickens atop veggies in baking tray.
- Roast chickens 1 hour and 15 mins., or until skin is crisp and juices run clear when chicken is pierced (thickest part of chicken thigh should register 165°C on digital thermometer).
- Rest chicken for 15 mins. before carving.
With over 20 years of dedicated service in the travel industry, Cruises-N-More, a Virtuoso member, offers select benefits for our clients. Cruises-N-More is pleased to announce being recognized as a winner of the 2019 Online Travel Partner Excellence Award of Carnival Corporation & plc brands Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn. Contact a Cruises-N-More cruise specialist at 800-733-2048 (toll-free USA/Canada), +1-407-771-4454, 0-808-189-1292 (toll-free U.K.), or 800-076-002 (toll-free Australia).