Oceania Cruises, a premier culinary- and destination-focused cruise line unveiled more than 80 land tour options for discerning travelers to choose from. These new offerings are the line’s most extensive to date and include pre-, post-, and mid-cruise options in Australia, Asia, Africa, Egypt and the Holy Land, Europe, South America, Alaska, and Canada.
Glistening Glaciers, Private Game Reserves, and Royal Treasures
With 86 pre-, post-, and mid-cruise land tours to choose from, travelers have myriad opportunities to explore great and historic cities, visit fabled landmarks, and witness spectacles of nature up close and personal.
Ranging from one night to five nights in length, offerings range from overnight packages in the world’s most exciting metropolises to overland explorations to Angkor Wat and Chang Mai, luxury safaris on Africa’s most sought-after private reserves, or ventures into the Swiss and Italian Alps or the Arabian Desert and even an expedition into the Himalayan Mountains to legendary Kathmandu and Mount Everest
- Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal and Mount Everest – this four-night expedition centers on Mumbai and Kathmandu and includes a flightseeing over Mount Everest as well as visits to Patan, Bhadgaon City, Bodhnath Stupa and Pashupatinath. Guests will have a private audience at the Living Goddess, visit a Tibetan monastery and attend an evening prayer ritual.
- Taj Mahal: Eternal Masterpiece – available as a two- or three-night package, this overland tour reveals the splendors and history of one of the world’s most fabled architectural masterpieces which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. In addition to visiting the Taj at dawn and dusk, other highlights include visits to the Agra Fort and Itmad-Ud-Daulah and a classic Kathak dance performance at the hotel in Agra.
- Luxury Safari: White Elephant Safari Lodge – Perfect for those with a limited amount of time, this overnight at the White Elephant includes two game drives, guided nature walks, afternoon tea and sundowners, along with birdwatching at dusk or a cruise on Lake Jozini. Just under 75,000 acres in size, the lodge features eight luxurious private tents with indulgent bathrooms and private verandas.
- Luxury Safari: Belmond Eagle Island Lodge – Located in the heart of the Okavango Delta, game drives will get you up close and personal with elephants, hippos, crocodiles, big cats, and more. The lodge itself is modern and luxurious and offers a refined and sophisticated safari lifestyle. In addition to the two nights at the game lodge, the program includes one night each in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- Glaciers, Lagoons & Waterfalls – Focusing on the natural wonders of Iceland, this tour offers opportunities to experience the ice cave at Langjökull Glacier, ice-walk at Sólheimajökull and visit the waterfalls at Hraunfoss & Barnafoss, the hot spring at Deildartunguhver and to bathe in the legendary Blue Lagoon. There’s also a fascinating culinary tour of Reykjavik along with overnight stays in Stracta and Husafell.
- Royal London & The English Countryside – Combining the best of historic London with the charm of the English countryside, this three-night program includes a visit to the Tower of London and viewing of the Crown Jewels along with the Changing of the Guard and a Thames River cruise. Then it’s off to the countryside to experience the storybook charm of the Coltswolds, Bibury and Burford along with the historic Roman Baths in Bath.
Rome & Tivoli Treasures – Delve deeper into the history and culture of the eternal city on this fascinating three-night tour. Not only does it feature all of Rome’s highlights along with an insider’s tour of the Vatican Museum and Saint Peter’s Basilica with private access, it also features an in-depth look at the historic town of Tivoli and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Villa D’Este, a favorite respite of Emperor Augustus.
- Canadian Rockies by Rocky Mountaineer – Featuring exclusive tours of Banff, Sulphur Mountain, and Vancouver, this tour splits its time equally between the magical metropolis of Vancouver and the natural, majestic beauty of Banff. The Rocky Mountaineer is the world’s largest private luxury train and along the way guests will experience their trademark Sliver Leaf Service that includes all gourmet meals and snacks.
Image courtesy of Oceania Cruises