Come March 2020, a reimagined Freedom of the Seas will redefine island hopping in the Southern Caribbean, following a $116 million amplification. The high-energy features and guest favorites that will be featured include The Perfect Storm duo of waterslides, a redesigned Caribbean Poolscape, a variation on a signature venue with Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen and completely transformed kids and teens spaces. Beginning March 2020, the newly amplified Freedom will set sail from San Juan, Puerto Rico on 7-night Southern Caribbean cruises to idyllic destinations, from Saint Lucia and Antigua to the ABC islands – Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao.
Thrilling, “All Day” Opportunities
Cruisers will have additional opportunities beyond current fan favorites such as the FlowRider surf simulator, mini-golf and the rock-climbing wall:
- The Perfect Storm, featuring a duo of racer waterslides, is three stories of adventure that will take excitement to new levels. On Cyclone and Typhoon, guests are in for the ultimate race as they go head to head through twists and turns.
- A reimagined poolscape comes to life with an all-day Caribbean flair, a larger variety of seating and shade with casitas, daybeds and hammocks, and the Splashaway Bay aquapark for the youngest travelers. To “chill out” afterwards, guests can escape to the renewed, adults-only Solarium.
- The Lime & Coconut, Royal Caribbean’s new, poolside signature bar, is at the center of all these attractions. The three-level spot serves up live music, a lineup of cocktails and a rooftop deck for a bird’s eye view of the action
Playtime Reimagined – For Any Age
Further supplementing the roster of activities on board, Royal Caribbean will offer a glow-in-the-dark laser tag adventure “Clash for the Crystal City” and will debut a floor-to-ceiling redesign of Freedom’s dedicated teens spaces and award-winning Adventure Ocean.
- Adventure Ocean takes on a spectacular makeover specially designed for babies and kids. The creative layout encourages young vacationers to venture into a world of interactive experiences, from thought-provoking exploration at Play Place to art, science and tech activities at Workshop, and friendly challenges at Arena. Kicking back is just as fun with gaming consoles and places to chill out at Hangout. Infants and 3- to 5-year-olds will each have personalized areas with AO Babies and AO Junior.
- Teens will relish their own exclusive hangout, entirely transformed to feature the latest in movies, gaming and music, plus a new, private outdoor deck
Beginning March 8, 2020, the reimagined Freedom will sail 7-night, round-trip Southern Caribbean cruises from San Juan. The year-round itineraries are set to visit tropical locales in the region, including Oranjestad, Aruba; Willemstad, Curacao; Castries, Saint Lucia; Bridgetown, Barbados; Saint Johns, Antigua; and Kralendijk, Bonaire.