Silversea Cruises has unveiled an enticing new offer that will unlock Peru’s Machu Picchu in ultimate – and affordable – comfort. Travelers will save $500 on four-night land experiences, which have been carefully curated by the cruise line’s destination experts.
This four-night land program is available as a pre- or post-cruise extension on select Silver Moon voyages. From Lima, Silversea’s guests will take a scheduled flight to the historic city of Cusco, nestled high up in the Andes. From here, they will enjoy two days of discovery in the Sacred Valley, from which they will travel by train to Machu Picchu. Highlights of the immersive experience include:
- Marvel at stunning landscapes and learn about the traditional culture of the Sacred Valley on a motor coach tour to the rustic village of Chinchero. Once a major agricultural hub of the Inca Empire, today it is renowned for its colorful woven textiles.
- On your second day in the Sacred Valley, witness massive Inca ruins surrounding the picturesque town of Ollantaytambo, where you’ll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a Peruvian Paso horse show.
- Embark on a scenic rail journey of about two hours to Machu Picchu, aboard PeruRail’s Vistadome train. The trip ends at the Aguas Calientes station at the foot of Machu Picchu.
- Discover the famous Lost City of the Incas with the insights and local perspective of an expert guide, before strolling through the wonders of this ancient citadel on your own.
- Unlock the colonial charm and indigenous culture of Cusco on a motor coach tour that includes a visit to Coricancha, or Temple of the Sun—a showpiece of the city’s Inca and colonial history.
Photo courtesy of Silversea