Ultra-luxury cruise line Silversea has unveiled a collection of new theatrical performances and entertainment concepts planned for select ships for 2020–each developed in exclusive collaboration with renowned Luna Rossa Productions.
The reimagined programs are enriching onboard entertainment options across a selection of ships that began on December 6, 2019. On August 6, 2020, the curtain will rise aboard Silver Moon with To the Moon and Beyond, a retro tribute to space exploration and classic sci-fi movies. Inspired by the recent 50th anniversary of the historic Apollo 11 moon landing, the show will feature evocative, space-age scenery and such iconic tunes as Fly Me to the Moon, Moondance, Bad Moon Rising, Rocket Man, and more. Silver Moon’s innovative headline show will be complemented by three new stage productions, which will be common to all ships:
- Circus, inspired by Cirque du Soleil and the hit movie The Greatest Showman;
- Café Tango, a classic tango show set in a Parisian-style café;
- ’80s Gold, which celebrates the decade’s best-loved pop anthems.
The choreography-enriched stage presentations will spotlight the talents of the Silver Stars, a new cast of accomplished singers and dancers. The shows will be performed in the sophisticated Venetian Lounge, where audiences will enjoy high-quality musical tracks, vibrant costuming, and imaginative stage designs featuring interactive video mapping technology and motion graphics, as well as new mobile set pieces that will provide multiple scenery changes.
In addition to Silver Moon, Silversea’s Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse will each host a new theatrical production in 2020:
- Boogie Wonderland!: A cast of talented artists takes the audience on a fun-filled, rhythmic ride through the iconic music and dance moves of the disco generation with songs from such legends as Earth, Wind and Fire, Gloria Gaynor, the Bee Gees, and many others. The mirror ball starts sparkling on Silver Whisper’s Caribbean voyage from December 6, 2019.
- Late in the Evening: Debuting aboard Silver Wind’s January 23, 2020, Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale, this acoustic, live tribute to the enduring melodies of Burt Bacharach, Carole King and Paul Simon features reinterpretations of such laid-back, modern classics as I Say a Little Prayer, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, Bridge over Troubled Water, and more.
- Colors: Launching a Muse’s Australia and New Zealand sailing from March 3, 2020 aboard Silver, this tribute to melodies brimming with color and emotion presents a vibrant and varied palette of colorful musical tunes, from Michael Jackson’s Black or White and Madonna’s True Blue, to Barbra Streisand’s Evergreen and Prince’s Purple Rain.
- Brit Hits: This nod to the success of British contemporary music will take to the stage aboard Silver Spirit’s Mediterranean cruise from April 15, 2020. Highlighting award-winning songs of the British Phonographic Industry’s annual BRIT Awards, the audience will be treated to interpretations of the best-selling hits of such artists as Adele, Amy Winehouse, Elton John, Phil Collins, Eurythmics, and others.
- Corazon: Set to debut aboard Silver Shadow’s Mediterranean voyage from May 3, 2020, this passion-filled show of music and dance features bold costumes, dramatic staging and captivating imagery from the Alhambra as it showcases rhythmic sounds from Spain and South America, and styles from opera to popular dance beats. Think Man of La Mancha meets Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.
With over 20 years of dedicated service in the travel industry, Cruises-N-More, a Virtuoso member, offers select benefits for our clients. Cruises-N-More is pleased to announce being recognized as a winner of the 2019 Online Travel Partner Excellence Award of Carnival Corporation & plc brands Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn. Contact a Cruises-N-More cruise specialist at 800-733-2048 (toll-free USA/Canada), +1-407-771-4454, 0-808-189-1292 (toll-free U.K.), or 800-076-002 (toll-free Australia).
Photo courtesy of Silversea