While 2020 posed unique challenges to those with a passion for traveling, encouraging consumer response to Silversea Cruises’ new 2022-2023 itineraries has affirmed the willingness of guests to discover the world once more. The leading ultra-luxury cruise line launched 315 new voyages for 2022-2023 in December—the largest itinerary deployment in Silversea’s history—and has since seen renewed interest from travelers, both loyal- and new-to-Silversea. Based on guest interest and predictions from Silversea’s destination experts, the cruise line has identified popular travel trends for 2022-2023, highlighting those destinations that are attracting travelers with the re-commencement of sailing. Popular sailing regions include the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Alaska, Antarctica, the Galápagos Islands, and Australia’s Kimberley Region.
Listed below are experiences from the 2022-2023 itinerary collection that are trending among Silversea guests, accompanied by highlight itineraries—as identified by the cruise line’s destination experts.
- Cultural Immersion into the old-world charm of the iconic Mediterranean. Recent booking data affirms that Silversea cruisers worldwide are attracted to the Mediterranean. The region offers small ports and iconic cities, as well as world-renowned food and UNESCO-listed World Heritage Sites. Travelers will stroll the streets of Pompeii, or explore magnificent cathedrals, from Michelangelo’s basilica of St. Peter in the Vatican City to Gaudí’s surreal Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. Guests will also marvel at the blue domes and whitewashed houses of Santorini, explore the antiquities of Ephesus, and succumb to the golden beaches and delicious cuisine of the Côte d’Azur.
- Landscapes and ancient history of Northern Europe/the British Isles. The region is home to ancient castles, soaring cathedrals, and landscaped gardens, while the Baltic Sea is awash with charming rustic towns, iconic museums, and fabled fjords. Guests will relive the sixties with a stroll down Liverpool’s Penny Lane; sail along the same coastlines as the Vikings did almost a thousand years ago; and discover the imperial heritage of St. Petersburg with its iconic Hermitage Museum, gilded palaces, and ornate churches.
- Back to Mother Nature in pristine Alaska. Head to Alaska—The Great Land—if you’ve been dreaming of a vacation steeped in natural beauty. Beyond the rustic frontier towns, elaborate totem poles, and onion-domed Russian churches, America’s 49th state is home to a dramatic landscape of mountains, forests, glaciers, and fjords.
- Once in a lifetime Polar exploration to Antarctica. The White Continent is a must-visit destination if you consider yourself an adventure seeker or nature lover. Antarctica beckons with towering icebergs, mighty glaciers and abundant wildlife. Penguins, seals, whales, and seabirds reign supreme in this frozen paradise. Here, you can hike volcanic shores dotted with snow and penguins, or paddle through mazes of floating ice in a kayak. And if you’re feeling adventurous, take a dip in the chilly waters of Deception Island, a volcanic caldera near the Antarctic Peninsula.
- A wildlife-rich expedition in the Galápagos aboard new ship Silver Origin
Few places on Earth rival the Galápagos Islands for their ecological diversity. Situated at the intersection of three Pacific Ocean currents, this archipelago of 19 islands and numerous islets beguiles with pristine landscapes and incredible wildlife. From feisty lava lizards, sun-basking marine iguanas, and lumbering giant tortoises to playful sea lions and the only penguin species found north of the equator, the archipelago is a treasure trove of unique creatures. If you’re seeking transformative adventure, look no farther.
- Experiencing remote wildlife in Kimberly, Australia. One of the world’s last remaining authentic wildernesses, the Kimberley is tucked in the northern region of Western Australia. This rugged and rarely-visited frontier is home to remarkable wildlife, spectacular canyons, and ancient rock art that conjures a sense of mystery. In this dramatic landscape, take a scenic flight over the breathtaking Bungle Bungle Range, speed through the waters of the phenomenal Horizontal Falls by Zodiac, and explore the Hunter River region.
With over 20 years of dedicated service in the travel industry, Cruises-N-More, a Virtuoso member, offers select benefits for our clients. Cruises-N-More is pleased to announce being recognized as a winner of the 2019 Online Travel Partner Excellence Award of Carnival Corporation & plc brands Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn. Contact a Cruises-N-More cruise specialist at 800-733-2048 (toll-free USA/Canada), +1-407-771-4454, 0-808-189-1292 (toll-free U.K.), or 800-076-002 (toll-free Australia).