Holland America Line’s 2024 Europe season will add several new itineraries that combine regions, increasing the number of voyages of 14 days or longer and enhancing Northern Europe with new departure ports. From April to November, dozens of unique itineraries — ranging from seven to 35 days — will be offered on two of the line’s Pinnacle Class ships, Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam, along with Oosterdam and Zuiderdam.
These four Holland America Line ships will cover the entire region on voyages designed for cultural immersion. Nine overnight ports and 33 late-night departure cities provide more time ashore while the ships explore the Baltic, British Isles, Canary Islands, French and Spanish rivieras, Israel, Mediterranean and Northern Europe, including Iceland, Greenland and Norway.
Highlights of Holland America Line’s 2024 Europe cruising season include:
11 DEPARTURE CITIES INCLUDING ROTTERDAM: Amsterdam, Ijmuiden and Rotterdam, the Netherlands; Barcelona, Spain; Boston, Massachusetts; Civitavecchia (Rome) and Trieste (Venice), Italy; Copenhagen, Denmark; Piraeus (Athens), Greece; Reykjavik, Iceland; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
9 OVERNIGHT PORTS: Barcelona; Civitavecchia and Marghera (Venice), Italy; Haifa, Israel; Istanbul, Turkey; Reykjavik; Piraeus (Athens) and Rhodes, Greece; and Valletta, Malta.
33 EVENING DEPATURE CITIES (between 10 p.m. and midnight): Alesund, Norway; Ashdod (Jerusalem) and Haifa, Israel; Dublin, Ireland; Dubrovnik, Korcula and Split, Croatia; Kusadasi, Turkey; Las Palmas and Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands; Cannes, Le Havre and Marseille, France; Liverpool, England; Civitavecchia (Rome), Marghera (Venice), Messina and Portofino Italy; Nanortalik (Ilivileq) and Paamiut (Frederikshåb), Greenland; Corfu, Mykonos, Náfplion, Rhodes and Santorini, Greece; Port Said (Cairo), Egypt; Tallinn, Estonia; Lerwick and Stornoway, Scotland; Halifax and St. John’s, Canada; Warnemünde (Berlin), Germany; Barcelona and Valletta.
Rotterdam returns to Northern Europe in 2024 with a season offering several new itineraries. The ship returns to its namesake city with sailings roundtrip from Rotterdam:
- New seven-day cruises to Norway, Sweden and Denmark
- New seven- or 14-day itineraries to Norway and Scotland
- New 14-day cruises to England, Scotland, Ireland and Belgium
- New 14-day itinerary to Norway, Scotland and Iceland
- Seven-day Norwegian Fjords
- 14-day cruises to the Norwegian Fjords and North Cape
- 14-day Baltic to Norway, Denmark, Germany, Finland and Sweden
Nieuw Statendam offers Northern Europe cruises to the Baltic, British Isles, Norway up to the North Cape, and the Northern Isles of Scotland and Iceland. The itineraries range from seven to 14 days and sail roundtrip from Copenhagen, roundtrip from Rotterdam or between Copenhagen and Rotterdam.
- New in 2024 are seven-day cruises between Copenhagen and Reykjavik with calls in Norway or Scotland and Iceland.
- A new 11-day cruise from Copenhagen to Reykjavik includes visits to Norway, Iceland and Greenland, while the 10-day return from Reykjavik to Copenhagen explores Iceland, Scotland and Norway.
- An “Ultimate Viking Explorer” 21-day journey roundtrip from Copenhagen heads to 13 ports in Norway, Scotland, Iceland and Greenland, retracing the route that the Vikings once made across the region.
In May, Zuiderdam sails a 14-day Northern Europe cruise that explores Norway, Germany, Estonia, Finland, Sweden and Denmark, followed by a 21-day “Ultimate Viking Explorer” journey around Iceland, Greenland and Scotland, both roundtrip from Ijmuiden. The two itineraries can be combined to form a 35-day sojourn that includes 10 countries, 23 ports and is in a prime locale for the Summer Solstice.
- Zuiderdam sails from Ijmuiden to Boston in June on a 21-day “Viking Passage” cruise that includes exploration of Norway, Iceland, Greenland and Canada. This departure can be combined with Zuiderdam’s “Ultimate Viking Explorer” to form a 42-day Collectors’ Voyage with 21 unique ports and 26 total calls.
- Nieuw Statendam returns to the Canary Islands on a 14-day cruise departing April 21 roundtrip from Rotterdam, also including Madeira, Gibraltar and Spain.
- Oosterdam will sail the entire 2024 Europe season in the Mediterranean on flexible cruises conveniently roundtrip from Athens, or between Barcelona, Trieste, Civitavecchia and Piraeus. The itineraries range from seven- to 14-days and cover the eastern and western Mediterranean, including Greece, Turkey, Tunisia, Israel, Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, France and Spain.
- Nieuw Statendam sails 14-day cruises between Civitavecchia and Piraeus, and roundtrip from Piraeus. The itineraries head to the eastern Med, including Italy, Egypt, Turkey, Croatia, Montenegro and Greece. Nieuw Statendam also explores the Holy Land on a 14-day cruise in October that includes an overnight at Haifa.
- The popular “Voyage of the Vikings” returns in 2024 aboard Zuiderdam. Departing July 20, the 35-day adventure sails roundtrip from Boston and calls at ports in Maine, Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland and Norway. The itinerary also is offered in 17- and 18-day segments from Boston to Rotterdam or from Rotterdam to Boston.
- New for 2024, Bermuda is back on two transatlantic itineraries from Fort Lauderdale: Nieuw Statendam crosses in April with visits to Bermuda, France, Guernsey and Belgium en route to Rotterdam, while Zuiderdam visits Bermuda, Ireland, England, France and Belgium on a May crossing to Ijmuiden.
- In April, Rotterdam and Oosterdam cross the Atlantic Ocean, departing Fort Lauderdale for Rotterdam and Barcelona respectively.
- In October and November Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and Oosterdam make their way back to Fort Lauderdale via Civitavecchia, Rotterdam and Barcelona, respectively.
Many of the cruises can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages, which offer the ultimate European exploration. By combining two seven-day itineraries, a seven- and 14-day cruises or longer non-repeating voyages, these splendidly crafted journeys up to 42 days combine back-to-back sailings, enabling guests to visit more ports and spend extra time discovering centuries of art, history and culture.
With over 20 years of dedicated service in the travel industry, Cruises-N-More, a Virtuoso member, offers select benefits for our clients. Cruises-N-More is pleased to announce being recognized as a winner of the 2019 Online Travel Partner Excellence Award of Carnival Corporation & plc brands Carnival Cruise Line, Cunard, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn. Contact a Cruises-N-More cruise specialist at 800-733-2048 (toll-free USA/Canada), +1-407-771-4454, 0-808-189-1292 (toll-free U.K.), or 800-076-002 (toll-free Australia).